Allied Health Application Requirements
As an applicant to our allied health program, it is your responsibility to gather supporting credentials and submit them to our admissions office by the application deadline. Once we receive all of your application materials, we will begin reviewing your application.
A complete application consists of the following:
- An online application form that includes your active, license/certification number with expiration date
- An admissions essay
- Official transcripts from all previous academic institutions
- A non-refundable orientation fee (waived for veterans and active military)
In addition, please note the following essay requirements. The quality of your essay will determine your admission to the college.
In an essay of at least 300 words, please describe:
- Why you are applying to SUNY Empire State College
- What you hope to study and how it relates to your personal and professional goals
- What strengths and experience (educational, employment, community and personal background) you have that will make you a successful student at SUNY Empire
Your essay will be evaluated on the following areas:
- How well you answer the essay questions
- How well you organize and develop your ideas
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary