Help Using Library Resources
This page is a collection of tools and resources to help you learn how to use the library.
Ask a librarian for help via chat, phone, email and question form at the Ask A Librarian website. Note: The Ask A Librarian chat box and contact information are also available on the right side of all library webpages.
Attend Library Workshops. All you need is a computer with speakers/headphones and an internet connection to take these live, online workshops about library and research skills.
- Assignment Calculator
- Get help managing your time, and instruction for all the steps in the college-level research process.
- Cite Your Sources
- Access resources to help you cite your sources in APA, MLA and other styles.
- Research Skills Tutorial
- Take this self-paced online course in library and research skills to get yourself up to speed for college-level research.
- Library Self-Help
- View quick tutorials on research and library concepts and how to use various library resources.
- Library FAQ
- Search for answers to common questions at Ask a Librarian.
- Tour the Online Library
- This quick video shows you what resources and services the library has to offer, and how to access and use them.
- Using the Library with Mobile Devices
- Find information on how to use various library resources with your tablet or smartphone.
Support Outside the Library
- Learning Support
- Get help with study skills plus a writing center, tutoring and more.
- Technology Support, IT Service Desk
- Find answers to frequently asked questions and get help with your login and other technical problems.
- Student Success and Development
- Get help with identifying and addressing academic concerns and problem resolutions, connecting you to appropriate campus resources and services, and with other offices that offer workshops and opportunities to engage with the college community.
- Student Academic Services
- Get help understanding college policy and receiving fair and prompt consideration for issues that are escalated to our office from the Student Success and Development team.
If you are unable to view or use the Ask a Librarian chat widget above, you may also:
Call 800-847-3000, ext. 2222
- Sun: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Mon-Thu: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Mon-Thu: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July - August:
- Mon-Thu: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note: Ask a Librarian is closed during the Spring, Summer and Winter breaks. Academic librarians from the Ask Us 24/7 consortium are available to help any time via chat when Ask a Librarian is closed.
If you need to request accommodations for library content, on the basis of a disability or accessibility needs, please contact Accessibility Resources and Services by emailing them at Disability.Services@esc.edu. Requests for accommodations should be submitted as early as possible to allow for sufficient planning. If you have questions, please visit the Accessibility Resources and Services website.