Help Using Library Resources
This page is a collection of tools and resources to help you learn how to use the library.
Ask a librarian for help via chat, phone, email and question form at the Ask A Librarian website. Note: The Ask A Librarian chat box and contact information are also available on the right side of all library webpages.
Attend Library Workshops. All you need is a computer with speakers/headphones and an internet connection to take these live, online workshops about library and research skills.
- Assignment Calculator
- Get help managing your time, and instruction for all the steps in the college-level research process.
- Cite Your Sources
- Access resources to help you cite your sources in APA, MLA and other styles.
- Research Skills Tutorial
- Take this self-paced online course in library and research skills to get yourself up to speed for college-level research.
- Library Self-Help
- View quick tutorials on research and library concepts and how to use various library resources.
- Library FAQ
- Search for answers to common questions at Ask a Librarian.
- Tour the Online Library
- This quick video shows you what resources and services the library has to offer, and how to access and use them.
- Using the Library with Mobile Devices
- Find information on how to use various library resources with your tablet or smartphone.
Support Outside the Library
If you are unable to view or use the Ask a Librarian chat widget above, you may also:
Call 800-847-3000, ext. 2222
- Sun: 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Mon-Thu: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Mon-Thu: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Fri: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July - August:
- Mon-Thu: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note: Ask a Librarian is closed during the Spring, Summer and Winter breaks. Academic librarians from the Ask Us 24/7 consortium are available to help any time via chat when Ask a Librarian is closed.
If you need to request accommodations for library content, on the basis of a disability or accessibility needs, please contact Accessibility Resources and Services by emailing them at Disability.Services@esc.edu. Requests for accommodations should be submitted as early as possible to allow for sufficient planning. If you have questions, please visit the Accessibility Resources and Services website.