Welcome to the learning support website.
Here you will find online learning resources in academic skill areas critical to your success as a college student and as a lifelong learner. You also will find many additional learning resources and services available to you at your local Empire State College location. For specific academic support assistance, please contact the director of academic support (DAS).
Get Tutoring and Help
- Contact the director of academic support at your center
- Smarthinking Online Tutoring Service (login required)
- Important Notice About the Smarthinking Online Tutoring Service
- Smarthinking Student Handbook (PDF 1,073kB)
(Adobe Acrobat Reader or higher needed to use this file. If you are unable to open this file, please contact email@example.com to have a copy sent to you.
- CDL peer tutoring service for students of the Center for Distance Learning
Writing Center Assistance
Math Center Assistance
- Visit the college's online library
- Learn search strategies and techniques
- Learn about academic integrity and avoiding plagiarism
- Take part in an "@ Home" Live Library Workshop
Academic Support and Study Skills
- Explore resources on a wide range of study skills (for example: academic reading, note-taking systems and time management)
- Use the Assignment Calculator to help plan your time and find resources for writing assignments.
- Find out about study skills workshops scheduled at college locations around the state and online.
- For more information about academic support, contact your local director of academic support (DAS).