The required elements marked in the screenshot below are for college and college-affiliated webpages and Web-based applications that are not using the standard page layouts developed for the TerminalFour (t4) system, or are not housed in the t4 system.
Exceptions to the requirements must be authorized in advance by OCGR.
The requirements also include the look and feel of all the required elements.
- Title Bar: the contents of the title bar must use this pattern:
(title of the page, or very similar) | (title of the site, or main section) | SUNY Empire State College
For example, in the screenshot below, the title bar contains:
Faculty, Staff and Administration | About ESC | SUNY Empire State College
- Header: the college logo must be a link to the college homepage and the alternative text for the image must be "SUNY Empire State College."
- Navigation: this bar contains an expandable menu (the + symbol) showing the subpages of the site you are currently in. To the right of that is the breadcrumb trail which indicates your current location in the site. Sub pages can be hidden from navigation if you so choose.
- Page Title: this must be a first-level heading <h1>.
- Page Body: this is the content of the page.
- CTA Footer: this footer should be visible on all pages which a prospective student might view. Not a requirement for internal faculty/staff/established student only pages.
- Footer: standard ESC footer should be visible on all pages.