Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School of Labor Studies
Our faculty and staff provide a combination of in-person, group study and online courses, offering an opportunity to work toward a degree through studies that focus on work, workers and the working-class presence — social, cultural and institutional — in a historical and contemporary context.
Our center is located at Hudson Street in Manhattan. Our other locations include Joint Board-IBEW Local 3 Headquarters in Flushing, Rochambeau School in White Plains, UA Plumbers Local Union 1 Training Center in Long Island City, and UFT Teacher Training Centers located in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.
The Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School of Labor Studies also coordinates partnerships with select organizations. Partnership benefits are available to students who enroll through a partnership program with one of the participating partners below:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local #3
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace workers
- NYC District Council of Carpenters
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters
- United Federation of Teachers Paraprofessional Program
Labor studies is an interdisciplinary inquiry into the working-class presence and its forms that draws upon both the social sciences and the humanities.