A high-quality college education can be affordable.
Your financial well-being is just as important as your educational success. With our low tuition rates and a broad array of financial aid programs, you can afford to earn a first-rate degree from the State University of New York.
Tuition and fees are subject to change by the SUNY Board of Trustees.
Associate and Bachelor's Courses
- $295 per credit for New York state residents
- $353 per credit for online out-of-state residents
- $353 per credit ($708 per credit less $355*) for out-of-state residents
Graduate (Non-MBA) Courses
- $471 per credit for New York state residents
- $565 per for credit online out-of-state residents
- $565 net per credit ($963 per credit less $398*) for out-of-state residents
Graduate (MBA) Courses
- $625 per credit for New York state residents
- $750 per for credit online out-of-state residents
- $750 net per credit ($1,016 less $266*) for out-of-state residents
* All nonresident students taking guided independent studies, classroom-based courses or blended studies are automatically eligible for an Empire State College nonresident tuition grant to offset their education's costs.
You can find more details about the costs of associate and bachelor's courses on the Undergraduate Tuition and Fees page. For master's courses, visit the Graduate Tuition and Fees page. You also may want to review information on residency restrictions.
If you are a first-time student enrolling in an associate or bachelor's degree full time, you can use the net price calculator to get a general estimate of the cost to attend Empire State College. Please note that this estimate does not represent a final determination (or actual award) of financial assistance or a final net price. Students planning to obtain financial aid should complete the FAFSA online so that we may determine eligibility. Our financial aid office will contact students by email upon receiving their FAFSA information.
Please note, that tuition and fees are subject to change.