Cost to Attend
The cost of attendance is the student's total estimated cost of attending a postsecondary institution for a specific period of time, as established by law. The cost of attendance is used to determine financial aid eligibility and comprises direct and indirect costs. Direct costs include tuition, mandatory fees and books. Indirect costs include living expenses, transportation and personal expenses. The estimated totals below represent the general cost of attendance for the year per term.
View tuition and fees.
Estimated Cost of Attendance (based on a 15-week term)
- Undergraduate (per term)
- full-time independent students and dependent students not living with a parent: $11,914
- full-time dependent students: $7,183
- half-time independent students and dependent students not living with a parent: $10,189
- half-time dependent students: $5,458
- Undergraduate Out-of-State (per term)
- full-time independent students and dependent students not living with a parent: $12,619
- full-time dependent students: $7,888
- half-time independent students and dependent students not living with a parent: $10,653
- half-time dependent students: $5,922
- Graduate (per term)
- full time: $12,588
- half time: $10,651
- full time out-of-state: $13,434
- half time out-of-state: $11,215
* Graduate students are assigned the budgets listed above, regardless of program.
View our information about need analysis to find out how student budgets are calculated and to link to the cost of attendance for out-of-state residents and less than half-time students.
Expenses included in the Cost of Attendance (COA)
- tuition and fees
- loan origination fees
- household and food
- books and supplies, equipment, transportation and miscellaneous personal expenses
- medical expense and insurance.
Residencies at the undergraduate and graduate level are not factored into the COA and may be added by our office upon request.
COA is an estimate that may be reviewed on an exception basis, with appropriate documentation, for the following conditions:
- study abroad costs
- dependent care expenses
- expenses associated with a disability
- expenses for a cooperative education program.
Any request for review of indidivual cost of attendance based on exceptions must be made per-term. Cost of attendance will only be adjusted with appropriate documentation for one term at a time. Students wishing for cost of attendance adjustments should plan to submit documentation each term by the financial aid deadline in order to ensure review prior to the term start date.
Please note that the COA for incarcerated students is limited to tuition and fees.
Students who move during the school year are expected to adjust their FAFSA address accordingly in order for the COA to be adjusted appropriately.