About the Empire State College Online Library
In 1971, Empire State College was chartered within the SUNY system as a distance-learning college for adult and nontraditional students. Until 1997, our students relied on other SUNY libraries for research and learning support. In 1997, the Online Library and Learning Resource Center was established and has continued to grow since then.
We now have five full-time librarians and a well-rounded collection of e-books, online journals, reference resources and databases of images and videos. Our collections are entirely online and our services are delivered to our users wherever they are by Internet, telephone and even mail and UPS.
The library is part of the academic technologies group within the Office of Integrated Technologies.
Collections and Services
The Empire State College Online Library provides access to a huge collection of online resources for research and study.
- databases containing millions of full-text journal articles
- e-books, accessible through the Books page
- reference e-books
- subject guides - best research tools and information resources for each subject area
- digital images
- library skills webinars and how tos
- Ask a Librarian (reference questions)
- support and help with accessing materials through other libraries
Alumni have free, lifelong access to the Alumni Library.
The college's professional librarians provide reference and other library services days, evenings and weekends via email, phone, chat and the Web.
Empire State College Online Library, Three Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. 800-847-3000 ext. 2222