CITI Program Online Training
The college has a subscription to online training for protecting human subjects developed by the University of Miami (CITI Program). The college also has signed an assurance with the HHS Office of Human Research Protections, agreeing to follow all federal guidelines, including:
- Training is required for all IRB members and administrators.
- Training is required for all principal investigators and primary researchers.
- Training is strongly encouraged for researchers and research staff, including student assistants.
Individuals needing training for the first time should complete the following CITI Program online course - "Group 4. Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel". This course generally takes 2-3 hours, and you may stop and start along the way simply by saving your work as you progress. After you finish the required modules, you will be issued a completion report. Please retain this for your records. Initial certification is valid for a period of 3 years.
After the initial certification period ends, a refresher course will be required which is valid for 2 years. The name of that CITI Program online course is - "Group 4. Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel - Refresher Course".
To register as a new user, go to http://www.CITIprogram.org and follow these steps:
- Click on "Register"
- Step 1:
- Select your organization affiliation - in the text box, enter Empire State College
- Review the "Terms of Service" and click on the "I Agree" box
- Do not complete the Independent Learner Registration section
- Continue with Steps 2-7
- Note - for "Department" enter your center or program
To take the refresher training course, go to http://www.CITIprogram.org and follow these steps:
- Click on "Log In"
- If you do not remember your username or password, click on "Forgot?"
- Once logged in, select "Group 4. Social / Behavioral Research Investigators and Key Personnel - Refresher Course"
- Keep a copy of your refresher course completion report for your records