For Students who wish to Cross Register at SUNY Empire State College
If you have not taken a course with SUNY Empire State College (SUNY Empire) previously, you will need to complete a Nondegree Application.
- If you wish to take undergraduate studies, please complete our online application for Nondegree Undergraduate Studies.
- If you wish to take graduate courses, please visit the Graduate Nondegree Study page and follow the instructions.
- If you are a SUNY student cross-registering into SUNY Empire, please go to the SUNY online portal (use your home institution’s login ID and password to log into the portal). Follow the website's instructions.
At the completion of the course with SUNY Empire, The Office of the Registrar will upload an SUNY Empire transcript to the online portal.
- If your home institution is outside of the SUNY system and you are cross-registering into SUNY Empire, please follow these steps:
- If you are asking for a waiver of some or all of your charges, your paperwork must be in Student Accounts by the payment due date of every term or your registration may be cancelled. Your charges may be deferred if you are a matriculated student at another SUNY school or a matriculated student at an institution that is a member of one of the consortiums in which SUNY Empire also belongs. Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- If you are a financial aid student and intend to pay your SUNY Empire bill with financial aid funds from your home school, make sure you complete your institution's Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Form and submit it to Student Accounts. Register into your classes at SUNY Empire. As long as a valid Financial Aid Consortium Agreement is on file, we will defer your charges and allow your registration to remain active after the payment due date. You are ultimately responsible for your charges at SUNY Empire and must pay your bill when you receive your financial aid proceeds.
- Unpaid accounts are referred to a third party collection agency. See Collection of Unpaid Accounts for more information.
At the completion of the course with SUNY Empire, it is the responsibility of the student to order official transcript from our website and send it to their home institution.