Arranging Payment with an Employer, Union, or Other Third-Party Sponsor

  • Many of our students receive tuition assistance through an employer, union, or other organization. The college refers to these as third-party sponsorships.
  • To defer your registration charges with third-party sponsorship, your voucher, waiver, or letter of credit must be received by the term payment due date. If other payment arrangements are in place prior to the term start date, sponsorship will be accepted after the term has started. Documentation can be emailed to, or faxed (518-580-4790) to Student Accounts. Please send third-party checks to: SUNY Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Ave., Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
  • Students are responsible for knowing their sponsor's tuition assistance policy including sponsor's requirements to receive funding and how other aid may impact their sponsorship.
  • Many sponsorships cover tuition only and do not cover the fees associated with registration. Students are responsible for any charges not covered by the sponsor.
  • Prior to the start of the term, review your student account statement at MyESC to confirm that your third-party sponsorship is deferring your enrollment charges. Please keep in mind that some third-party sponsorships are for specific courses only. In those cases, Student Accounts will apply the deferral to your account statement only after you have registered for the appropriate course(s). You may fax third-party documents or email if there is insufficient time to receive the documents by mail.
  • Your sponsorship must be a guarantee of payment. If your third-party sponsor does not make payment as intended, your unpaid sponsorship will be removed as pending aid and you will be billed. You are responsible for any outstanding balance.
  • Unfortunately, we cannot defer your charges if your sponsorship is "outcome dependent," meaning you must receive a minimum grade, or complete the course in order to receive the sponsorship. If your sponsor requires a specific or minimum grade, you will have to pay for your enrollment and seek reimbursement after your studies are complete. The college does provide a time payment plan to assist you in paying for your enrollment charges.
  • Your voucher may be voided if it is altered in any way.
  • Sponsorships are considered part of your overall financial aid package and may impact other forms of financial aid (federal, state and institutional).
  • Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations require schools to have written permission from the eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record. However, per 34 CFR  §99.31, we may disclose education records, without consent, to appropriate parties in connection with your financial aid (i.e. your sponsor).

Information About Your Sponsorship Documentation

Voucher Submission and Payment Options

Funding a Student: Sponsor FAQ


Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or 800-847-3000.

The Student Accounts fax number is 518-580-4790*.

Note: Please provide your sponsor with a statement by term when applying for tuition assistance or tuition reimbursement.


We’re here to help.

The mission of SUNY Empire’s Student Accounts is to provide the best possible customer service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or ...