Taking the time to develop effective study skills is an investment in yourself that will pay rich dividends throughout your college program. The links below provide you with resources, tips, strategies and information that will enable you to focus on specific areas linked to successful college study.
- Academic Reading – Reading techniques and study strategies to help you read academic material efficiently and effectively.
- Academic Research – Tips and strategies to help you prepare for your research paper and resources to help you locate and evaluate information.
- Assignment Calculator - A tool to help you develop a plan for completing writing assignments, including deadlines for each section and related resources.
- Computer Literacy and Resources – Online tutorials for beginners and advanced computer users.
- Critical Thinking – Resources to enhance your understanding of the concept of critical thinking and practical strategies that you can apply to your academic studies.
- English Language Learners and English as a Second Language (ELL/ESL) – Resources for English Language Learners (ELL) to strengthen your English language skills and support your academic development.
- Independent Learning – Resources to help you become a capable, self-reliant, self-motivated and life long learner.
- Note-Taking Systems – Strategies and techniques for taking effective notes in and out of the classroom.
- Stress Management – Information and resources that will help you assess your stress level, and tools to help you prevent, reduce and cope with stress.
- Time Management – Resources to help you work smarter and more efficiently while accomodating your lifestyle and your learning style.
- Writing Resources
For additional support with study skills, please contact the director of academic support at your location.
If you have links to learning resources that you would like to share, or suggestions for improving this Web site, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.