Empire State College develops credit-bearing programs to meet the specific needs of community organizations that help employees and members advance their education.
Partnership benefits are available to employees, members and students of partner corporate and community organizations.
The college has partnered with community organizations including:
- Arts Student League
- Association of Healthcare Administrative Professionals: Empire State College’s Center for Distance Learning is a partner with the Association of Healthcare Administrative Professionals offering convenient, online associate and bachelor’s degree programs.
- Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc.
- Dance Education Laboratory (DEL) Program, 92nd Street Y: The Metropolitan Center’s association with DEL provides students with an interest or background in the performing arts opportunities in single-genre and interdisciplinary studio and academic studies in dance and music at an undergraduate or graduate level.
- Empire State Law Enforcement Trainers Network (NYSSA and NYSCAYSA)
- Fireman's Association of the State of New York (FASNY)
- Gasoline and Automotive Service Dealers Association (GASDA)
- Hispanos Unidos de Buffalo
- Hudson Mohawk Area Health Education Center
- International Union of Police Associations
- Metropolitan Center Cohort Program in Community Health with UFT: This program accepts applicants who have completed an A.S. in nursing elsewhere and are currently registered nurses. Students in this cohort program complete either a Bachelor of Science in community health or a Bachelor of Science in health-care management. Students can get credit towards the degree for life experience and prior learning in all areas of nursing. This program is an excellent choice for nurses who want to complete a B.S. in a supportive group environment.
- New York State Association for the Education of Young Children: Empire State College partners with the New York State Association for the Education of Young Children as part of the college’s childhood development certificate program.
- New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA)
- NYS Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds: Empire State College’s Center for Distance Learning is a partner with the NYS Association for Superintendents of School Buildings and Grounds offering convenient, online associate and bachelor’s degree programs.
- Theological Research Institute (TRI)
- Year Up New York: SUNY Empire State College's Metropolitan Center and Center for Distance Learning have partnered with Year Up New York to offer an innovative program that paves the way for Year Up New York students and graduates to enter the college with advanced standing.
- Yip Harburg Foundation