Community Organization and Association Partnerships
SUNY Empire State College provides educational solutions to address the specific needs of community organizations and to help employees and members advance their education and careers.
Partnership benefits are available to employees, members and students of partnering community organizations and associations.
If you are interested in becoming a student and your employer or organization is already a partner, contact SUNY Empire State College for information about enrolling.
Participating organizations and associations include:
- Access Supports for Living (formerly Occupations, Inc.)
- Art Students League
- Association for Hebraic Studies Institute
- Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation
- Camelot of Staten Island, Inc.
- Career Partners International Buffalo
- Catholic Health
- Center for Disability Services
- Community Action Organization of Erie County, Inc.
- CR BARD
- Dance Education Lab
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES
- Employer Resource Network (ERN) of the City Mission
- Family Residencies & Essential Enterprises (F.R.E.E.)
- Fire Department of New York City (FDNY)
- Firemen's Association of the State of New York (FASNY)
- Five Towns Community Center
- Fountain House
- Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce
- HB Studio
- HealthNow NY
- Hispanos Unidos de Buffalo
- Hudson Mohawk Area Health Education Center
- Hudson River Community Credit Union
- Medical Answering Services
- New York Bankers Association
- New York City Police Department
- New York City Transit Authority
- New York Oncology Hematology
- Center for Allied Health Education
- New York Power Authority
- NYSARC, Inc.
- Office for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Occupations, Inc.
- Prevention Council of Saratoga County
- Rising Hope, Inc.
- Saratoga Hospital
- Saylor Foundation
- St. Peter's Health Partners
- Villa of Hope Youth & Family Services
- Yip Harburg Foundation
Current Empire State College Professional Learning Evaluations
An Empire State College Professional Learning Evaluation (PLE) is a college-credit recommendation developed by Empire State College for college-level learning acquired outside of a college or university, such as an on-the-job training program. An ESC matriculated student who presents the necessary documentation may incorporate the recommended credit into an ESC degree program proposal, subject to any other applicable academic policies. All ESC professional learning evaluation credit recommendations are available to any matriculated student in the college. For a list of current PLEs, please click here.
Students interested in one of these partnerships should contact the Student Information Center at 800-847-3000. Students in metropolitan New York interested in the partnership with the Metropolitan Center Cohort Program should contact Matt Sanders at 718-907-5756.
Organizations interested in creating a similar partnership with us can contact the Office of Programs and Partnerships by phone at 800-847-3000, ext. 2851, or by email at ESCpartners@esc.edu.