SUNY Empire State College develops credit-bearing programs to meet the specific needs of government agencies that help employees advance their education.
A few examples of the College’s partnerships with government agencies include:
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU): This partnership was developed to provide educational opportunities to acquisition workforce members who work for defense agencies.
- New York City Transit Authority - this partnership program offered at the Manhattan location in New York City enables employees to pursue associate and bachelor’s degrees in all areas of study for leadership and career growth. Concentrations related to employment can be created through individualized degree planning, for example, transportation management or emergency management.
- New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA)
- New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- New York State Division of Veterans' Services
- New York State Office of Mental Health
SUNY Empire State College also offers cutting-edge bachelor's programs in Emergency Management, Fire Service Administration and Homeland Security in cooperation with the National Fire Academy, the Emergency Management Institute, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency as agencies of the Department of Homeland Security. These concentrations are designed to meet the needs of emergency responders, firefighters, military personnel or other professionals who are working full-time and looking to advance their careers in these fields. More information on Emergency Management, Fire Service Administration, and Homeland Security, is available.
If you are interested in becoming a student and your employer or organization is already a partner, contact SUNY Empire State College for information about enrolling.
Agencies or organizations interested in creating a similar partnership with SUNY Empire State College should call 800-847-3000, ext. 2851 or email ESCpartners@esc.edu.