Labor Union Partnerships
SUNY Empire State College develops credit-bearing programs to meet the specific needs of trade unions that help members advance their education. Partnership benefits are available to employees, members and students of our partnering unions and organizations.
College partnerships with trade unions include:
International Union of Police Associations: The partnership between SUNY Empire State College and the International Union of Police Associations was developed to provide IUPA members with access to a flexible, affordable, high-quality education delivered by an accredited institution. Members can study online, at one of 35 locations in New York state, or blend both approaches.
New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA): In partnership, SUNY Empire State College provides NYSCOPBA members with access to flexible and affordable undergraduate degree programs.
New York State United Teachers (NYSUT): This partnership offers NYSUT employees and members access to flexible learning options through the NYSUT Education and Learning Trust to pursue associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees and certificate programs.
The Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for Labor Studies, located in metropolitan New York, coordinates partnerships with the following:
- American Federation of Government Employees
- Building and Construction Trades Council of Nassau and Suffolk Counties
- Communications Workers of America, District 1
- Independent Drivers Guild - IAMAW
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local #3
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW)
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades
- Local 338
- NYC District Council of Carpenters
- SMART Local 28 Sheet Metal Workers Union of Metropolitan New York and Long Island
- Union Plus
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters
- United Federation of Teachers Paraprofessional Program
- United Steelworkers - Institute for Career Development, Inc
If you are interested in becoming a student and your employer or organization is already a partner, contact SUNY Empire State College for information about enrolling.
For information about labor union partnerships, please contact Dr. Maria Figueroa, Dean, Harry Van Arsdale Jr. School of Labor Studies, at 917-612-9133 or via e-mail at email@example.com.