A Collaborative Approach to Earning Your Degree
SUNY Empire State College has an extensive history providing quality education to working adults seeking a college degree. The college is uniquely prepared to develop collaborative partnerships in order to provide learning opportunities that will lead to a State University of New York degree. Employee morale and loyalty can occur when an employer supports the pursuit of higher education. Partnership benefits are available to employees, members, and students of partnering corporate and community organizations.
The following partnerships are administered through the Office of Partnerships:
- Community Partnerships
- Corporate Partnerships
- Government Agency Partnerships
- Labor Union Partnerships
- Military and Veteran Educational Partnerships
See our growing list of participating partners and unique programs.
Partnership benefits include:
- waiver of the orientation fee in a degree or certificate program at the time of submission of an online admissions application ($50 for degree programs; $50 for certificate programs)
- a one-time, $100 Better Together Scholarship applied to the student’s first term of enrollment in a degree or certificate program. Note: Students must be enrolled past day 28 of the term to remain eligible for the scholarship. This scholarship is not available for Military and Veteran Educational Partnerships.
** Students must provide a valid partnership code at the time of application in order to receive these benefits. The code can be obtained from the designated representative at the partner organization.
As a single-source solution for educational and training needs, the college offers its partners:
- high-quality academic programs
- affordable tuition
- flexible, convenient online and/or onsite study options, or blended programs
- programs leading to state credentials and certifications
- faculty mentors with in-depth expertise in key industries
Community Colleges and other Collegiate Partners
The Pathways Transfer Program for Community College Transfer Students is a partnership with community colleges across New York State and beyond that provides a seamless transfer into the Empire State College bachelor’s degree programs for students who have earned an associate degree. For a complete overview of participating colleges, review the Community College Pathways page.
If you have questions or to learn more about our partnership programs, please contact Dr. Brian Goodale, Director of Academic Partnerships in the Office of Partnerships.
SUNY Empire State College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education