How to Pay
- Your payment is due by the term's payment due date.
- Because they are credited immediately to your account, the preferred payment method is online through MyESC. Online payments can be made with a debit or credit card(Discover, MasterCard, Visa or American Express) or by check.
- You also may pay your bill by mail with a check or money order (do not send cash) made payable to SUNY Empire State College. Return the remittance slip of your bill with your payment to SUNY Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Be sure to include your name and student ID on all checks and correspondence.
- Third-party sponsorship checks or scholarship checks also must be mailed directly to Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Be sure to include your name and student ID on all checks and correspondence.
- To assist students paying out of pocket for educational expenses the college offers an interest-free, low-cost Time Payment Plan that allows you to pay in three convenient installments. The plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term. You are considered enrolled in the payment plan once you have agreed to the terms and conditions and have made your first one-third installment.
- You may defer your charges with an approved third-party sponsorship. Third-party payments such as vouchers and letters of credit must be received in Student Accounts by the term payment due date in order to defer the charges on your account. If you have an approved sponsorship, it will show as pending aid on your student account statement.
- After completing the financial aid application process, you will receive an award notification from Financial Aid. If you have approved financial aid in place, it will show as authorized on your Student Account Statement and can be used to defer your charges. For more information about the financial aid process please visit Financial Aid.
- Once you have completed the registration process, review your student account statement on MyESC and verify that your payment method(s) is/are in place. You are responsible for your charges should your financial aid (including loans) be less than the amount deferred or be cancelled for any reason.
- Any check returned by the bank will result in a $20 charge to your account and future payments may have to be made by money order or certified check.
The mission of SUNY Empire’s Student Accounts is to provide the best possible customer service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or ...800-847-3000