Updates Regarding the Student Accounting Records and Payment System
The progress of this work will be communicated on MyESC, Student Accounts.
How to Pay
- Your payment is due by the term's payment due date.
- Because they are credited immediately to your account, the preferred payment method is online through MyESC. Online payments can be made with a debit or credit card(Discover, MasterCard, Visa or American Express) or by check.
- You also may pay your bill by mail with a check or money order (do not send cash) made payable to SUNY Empire State College. Return the remittance slip of your bill with your payment to SUNY Empire State College, Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Be sure to include your name and student ID on all checks and correspondence.
- Third-party sponsorship checks or scholarship checks also must be mailed directly to Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. Be sure to include your name and student ID on all checks and correspondence.
- The college offers a Time Payment Plan that allows students to pay their registration charges in three payments. The plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term and requires both acceptance of the terms of the plan and a one-third down payment in order to enroll each term.
- You may defer your charges with an approved third-party sponsorship. Third-party payments such as vouchers and letters of credit must be received in Student Accounts by the term payment due date in order to defer the charges on your account. If you have an approved sponsorship, it will show as pending aid on your student account statement.
- After completing the financial aid application process, you will receive an award notification from Financial Aid. If you have approved financial aid in place, it will show as pending on your Student Account Statement and can be used to defer your charges. For more information about the financial aid process please visit http://www.esc.edu/financial-aid/.
- Once you have completed the registration process, review your student account statement on MyESC and verify that your payment method(s) is/are in place. You are responsible for your charges should your financial aid (including loans) be less than the amount deferred or be cancelled for any reason.
- Any check returned by the bank will result in a $20 charge to your account and future payments may have to be made by money order or certified check.