Time Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
- SUNY Empire State College offers an interest-free, low-cost payment plan, through TouchNet, to pay your charges in three convenient installments. The time payment plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term.
- The Time Payment Plan can be used to pay registration charges and Individualized Prior Learning Assessment (iPLA). The minimum amount of eligible charges to enroll in the Time Payment Plan is $100.
- You can start the payment plan enrollment process by visiting MyESC, Student Accounts (login required) and selecting the Make a Payment or Enroll in Time Payment Plan icon. To further assist you, please view our online tutorial - How to Enroll in the Time Payment Plan.
- Installment due dates will vary depending on which payment plan you are enrolled in. You will receive email reminders for second and third installments which are typically due the second and third month of the term. Please refer to your Time Payment Plan agreement for specific dates.
- If you register any time after the payment due date, your first one-third down payment must be made immediately or your registration will be subject to cancellation.
- Payment Plan amounts may change over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments.
- For your security, the college does not store credit or debit card information when you make a payment. It is your responsibility to make payments by the payment due date. However, TouchNet allows students to schedule payments and/or save a payment method within the secure TouchNet system
- If you fail to make your first one-third payment prior to the term payment due date, your enrollment in the time payment plan may be voided and your registration will be subject to cancellation. The $25 application fee remains nonrefundable.
- If your registration is canceled for nonpayment, or if you are academically dismissed, withdraw, drop or are administratively withdrawn at any point in the term, you remain liable for the time payment plan application fee. In addition, if any of the stated actions result in tuition and/or fee liability, as per the college's stated withdrawal policy, you are responsible for making payment as per the time payment plan schedule. Failure to make payment will result in a late payment fees.
- If you default on the time payment plan, the college reserves the right to restrict your enrollment in this plan in future terms. If your application is denied, your down payment will be returned to you; however, your application fee will not be refunded.
- Timely payment of scheduled installments is important. Overdue installments are assessed a late fee of $30. In addition, there is a $20 charge for checks returned by the bank as uncollectible funds. The college reserves the right to deny future payment plan privileges when a student's payments have not been made as scheduled.
The mission of SUNY Empire’s Student Accounts is to provide the best possible customer service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Contact the Student Information Center at 518-587-2100 or ...800-847-3000