Updates Regarding the Student Accounting Records and Payment System
The progress of this work will be communicated on MyESC, Student Accounts.
Time Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
- SUNY Empire State College offers a payment plan, through TouchNet, to pay your registration charges in convenient installments. The time payment plan has a nonrefundable application fee of $25 per term.
- You can start the payment plan enrollment process by visiting MyESC, Student Accounts (login required) and selecting the Make a Payment or Enroll in Time Payment Plan icon.
- If you fail to make your first one-third payment prior to the term payment due date, your enrollment in the time payment plan may be voided and your registration will be subject to cancellation. The $25 application fee remains nonrefundable.
- If you register any time after the payment due date, your first one-third down payment must be made immediately or your registration will be subject to cancellation.
- If your registration is cancelled for nonpayment, or if you are academically dismissed, withdraw, drop or are administratively withdrawn at any point in the term, you remain financially responsible for the time payment plan application fee. In addition, if any of the stated actions result in tuition and/or fee liability, as per the college's stated withdrawal policy, you are responsible for making payment as per the time payment plan schedule. Failure to make payment will result in a late payment fees.
- If you default on the time payment plan, the college reserves the right to restrict your enrollment in this plan in future terms. If your application is denied, your down payment will be returned to you; however, your application fee will not be refunded.
- For time payment enrollees, your second payment is due on the 15th day of the month following the start date of the term. The final payment is due on the 15th day of the following month. For example, if you register in June for classes that start in September, your initial installment is due by the September term's payment due date. Your second and third payments are due on Oct. 15 and Nov. 15, respectively. You will receive email reminders for the second and third installments.
- Payment Plan amounts may change over time to account for any new charges, payments, or financial aid adjustments.
- For your security, the college does not store credit or debit card information when you make a payment. It is your responsibility to make payments by the payment due date. However, TouchNet allows students to schedule payments and/or save a payment method within the secure TouchNet system.
- Timely payment of scheduled installments is important. Overdue installments are assessed a late fee of $30. In addition, there is a $20 charge for checks returned by the bank as uncollectible funds. The college reserves the right to deny future payment plan privileges when a student's payments have not been made as scheduled.
- Failure to make your payments does not constitute a withdrawal from the college.