Additional Request for Information
If you have been instructed to do so by the financial aid office, please see below for more information and instructions related to our request.
- Statement of Identity and Educational Purpose
- Unusual Enrollment History: The U.S. Department of Education has established regulations in an attempt to prevent fraud and abuse of the federal student aid program. Review this section for more information on the regulation, who is selected and what is required of you if you are selected.
- Federal Direct Loan Forms: Link to complete the entrance loan counseling forms, Subsidized/Unsubsidized loan agreement forms and exit loan counseling forms.
- Default Clearance: The national student loan database tracks who may be in a defaulted status on a federal student loan. If you were notified that you may be in default you can visit NSLDS online to view your complete student loan history to determine which lender(s) you should contact regarding default clearance.
- Disability Status Form (PDF 67kB)This form is requested if the national student loan data system has indicated that you had a prior student loan discharged due to disability.
- Guidelines for Eligible Citizen/Noncitizen Documentation: You may view the guidelines for determining what is sufficient documentation for citizenship/noncitizenship. Please note that if you are going to be sending a copy of your documentation, we will not be able to accept your documentation without a signed, dated and officially notarized affidavit. You may obtain such Affidavit (PDF 33kB) here.
- Proof of Military Status: Students who are considered a qualifying veteran with the veteran's administration office are considered "independent" students when completing the FAFSA. If requested, please send documentation to the financial aid office showing that you are a qualified veteran who was not dishonorably discharged from service. Acceptable documentation of this includes a copy of the report of separation (DD Form 214), or official documentation from your branch of service verifying your status of active duty.
- Verification: UPDATE! Effective July 13, 2021, students are no longer required to submit the Verification form for 2021-2022 as directed by the Federal Department of Education. Please only submit this form if you were instructed to do so for the 2020-2021 financial aid year for the summer 2020, fall 2020 or spring 2021 terms (enrollment ending prior to April 30, 2021).
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
For students planning to enroll in terms beginning May 2021 or thereafter, please submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA. If you are attending the summer 2021 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is April 16, 2021 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the summer payment deadline.
For students enrolling for the fall term 2021 please make sure you have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is August 2, 2021 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the fall payment deadline.