Financial Aid Programs and Eligibility Requirements
Students planning to be enrolled in a Certificate Program have limited aid eligibility and should review Certificate Program and Aid Eligibility on our Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Federal Grants and Loans:
- New York State Grants and Scholarships:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
- Part-Time TAP
- Memorial Scholarships for Children and Spouses of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters
- Regents Award for Child of Correction Officer Award (CO)
- World Trade Center Scholarships
- Other Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- Non-NY state grants
- Women and Minority Students
- Financial Aid for Veterans and Military Personnel
- Financial Aid Assistance and Resources for Persons with Disabilities
- Empire State College Scholarship Search: Link to our own free scholarship search for institutional funds.
- The State University of New York Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarship Program: Empire State College administers these collegewide scholarship funds each year by matching state funding to undergraduate students. Eligibility is based on a number of diversity factors such as, but not limited to, financial need, disability and ethnicity. Institutional annual allocations are based on the New York state budget.
- Outside Scholarship Sources: Link to free online scholarship searches.
- Alternative (Private) Loans
Provisions of Financial Aid Awards
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.