Financial Aid: Introduction and FAQ
The financial aid office is responsible for determining eligibility for financial aid in accordance with funding sources requirements, packaging aid, certifying loans, coordinating the federal work-study program and sending award notifications. Use the information below to learn more about financial aid.
- How Course Outcomes Affect Eligibility (PDF 130kB): know the importance of how the outcomes students receive in their courses affects their financial aid eligibility
- Financial aid brochures: review the types of financial aid available
- Frequently asked questions
- Contacts and resources for financial aid
- Financial aid glossary: common financial aid terms and acronyms.
- Where to Start: Step-by-Step Guide to Financial Aid (PDF 336kB)
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The Financial Aid office will begin receiving these appications and processing them shortly. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 is April 1, 2018.
Students planning to attend 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now closed for 2017-2018.