Financial Aid: Introduction and FAQ
The financial aid office is responsible for determining eligibility for financial aid in accordance with funding sources requirements, packaging aid, certifying loans, coordinating the federal work-study program and sending award notifications. Use the information below to learn more about financial aid.
- How Course Outcomes Affect Eligibility (PDF 130kB): know the importance of how the outcomes students receive in their courses affects their financial aid eligibility
- Financial aid brochures: review the types of financial aid available
- Frequently asked questions
- Contacts and resources for financial aid
- Financial aid glossary: common financial aid terms and acronyms
- Where to Start: Step-by-Step Guide to Financial Aid (PDF 337kB)
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the fall 2019 term, you must have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline of July 31, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the fall payment deadline.
Students planning attending summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 must apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA.