Apply for Financial Aid
2019-2020 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin in or after May 2019.
2018-2019 year financial aid forms are still available for Empire State College enrollments that began in May 2018 through enrollments that begin in January 2019.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2019-2020 is April 1, 2019. Applications received after that date will still be reviewed, but funding is first-come first-served.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): information and application for the TAP grant
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.
If you are attending the summer 2019 term, you must have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline of April 11, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the summer payment deadline of May 2.