Apply for Financial Aid
2022-2023 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin in May 2022 and thereafter.
2021-2022 year financial aid forms were for Empire State College enrollments that begin between May 2021 and March 2022.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2022-2023 is April 1, 2022. Applications received after that date were still reviewed; however, please note that APTS application and tax documents received more than 30 days after the add/drop date for the term in which you are applying for cannot be considered for an award for that term per NYS guidelines. Funding is first-come first-served.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): information and application for the TAP grant
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.