Apply for Financial Aid
2020-2021 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin in May 2020 through enrollments that begin in March 2021.
2021-2022 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that began between May 2021 and March 2022. Forms for this year are not yet available.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2020-2021 was April 1, 2020. Applications received after that date will still be reviewed; however, please note that APTS application and tax documents received more than 30 days after the add/drop date for the term in which you are applying for cannot be considered for an award for that term per NYS guidelines. Funding is first-come first-served. Funds for the 2020-2021 have been exhausted.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): information and application for the TAP grant
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the fall 2020 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is July 31, 2020 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the fall payment deadline.
For students planning to enroll beginning in summer 2020, fall 2020 or spring 2021, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available to complete.