Apply for Financial Aid
2017-2018 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin on May 15, 2017 through enrollments that begin in March 2018. Enrollments that begin in May 2018 or thereafter are considered to be part of the 2018-2019 financial aid year.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2017-2018 was April 1, 2017.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): information and application for the TAP grant
- Part-time TAP: link to the information and application forms for the part-time TAP grant; students not eligible for both APTS and part-time TAP
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now open for the spring 2018 term until December 4, 2017.
Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.