Apply for Financial Aid
2019-2020 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin between May 2019 and March 2020.
2020-2021 year financial aid forms were for Empire State College enrollments that began in May 2020 through enrollments that begin in March 2021.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2019-2020 was April 1, 2019. Applications received after that date will still be reviewed; however, please note that APTS application and tax documents received more than 30 days after the add/drop date for the term in which you are applying for cannot be considered for an award for that term per NYS guidelines. The APTS application for 2020-2021 will be available shortly and the priority deadline will be April 1, 2020. Funding is first-come first-served.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): information and application for the TAP grant
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the spring 2020 term, you must have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline of December 6, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the spring payment deadline.
Students planning attending summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 must apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
For students planning to enroll beginning in May 2020 or thereafter, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available beginning October 1!