Apply for Financial Aid
2016-2017 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin on or after May 16, 2016.
2017-2018 year financial aid forms are for Empire State College enrollments that begin on or after May 15, 2017.
- FAFSA Section: complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Direct Loans: link to complete entrance loan counseling forms, master promissory notes and exit-loan counseling forms
- Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS): APTS is a New York state grant program for matriculated undergraduate students attending school for 3-11 credits per term; graduate students and nonmatriculated students are not eligible. Maximum award for a financial aid year is $2,000. The priority deadline to apply for 2017-2018 is April 1, 2017. Funds for the 2016-2017 are exhausted. If funds become available again for 2016-2017 later on during the spring term we will begin reviewing new applications again.
Prior to completing the APTS application, please review the instructions for the year in which you are applying below:
- How to Apply for Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) 2017-2018 (PDF 58kB)
How to Apply for Aid For Part-Time Study (APTS) 2016 - 2017 (PDF 54kB)
(You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF files. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it free from Adobe's site. If you are still unable to view the file, please contact us at email@example.com or call 800-847-3000.)
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP): link to information and the application for the TAP grant
- Part-time TAP: link to the information and application forms for the part-time TAP grant; students not eligible for both APTS and part-time TAP
- TEACH Grant: available only to graduate students; link to information and applications for TEACH grant.
- Non-NY State Grants: Link to information regarding state grants outside of New York for non-NY state residents.
View our financial aid application deadlines.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the spring 2 term starting in March 2017 should complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students who plan to attend starting in May 2017 or thereafter should apply for financial aid for 2017-2018 by submitting the 2017-2018 FAFSA.