Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is a grant for matriculated undergraduate students who are New York state residents attending full time in the fall and/or spring.
- TAP application: Students can complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application online at the end of the FAFSA form. Students who did not complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application with the FAFSA may complete it directly on the HESC website. Students who meet certain demographic criteria will not need to complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application. The corporation will notify you if you are not required to submit the NYS Student Aid Payment Application. The TAP school code is 0913 for undergraduates and 5680 for graduate students.
- Manage your TAP account: Make changes to your address and school code.
- Summer TAP has special requirements: If you are eligible for and intend to use TAP for the Empire State College Summer term, you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- You must have earned a combination of at least 24 college credits at Empire State College during the preceding Fall 1 term and the Spring 1 term.
- You must have attended full time for the Spring 1 term.
- You must be in good academic standing with the college.
- You must meet all other eligibility for being awarded TAP.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now open for the spring 2018 term until December 4, 2017.
Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.