Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is a grant for matriculated undergraduate students who are New York state residents attending full time in the fall and/or spring.
- TAP application: Students can complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application online at the end of the FAFSA form. Students who did not complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application with the FAFSA may complete it directly on the HESC website. Students who meet certain demographic criteria will not need to complete the NYS Student Aid Payment Application. The corporation will notify you if you are not required to submit the NYS Student Aid Payment Application. The TAP school code is 0913 for undergraduates and 5680 for graduate students.
- Manage your TAP account: Make changes to your address and school code.
- Summer TAP has special requirements: If you are eligible for and intend to use TAP for the Empire State College Summer term, you will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- You must have earned a combination of at least 24 college credits at Empire State College during the preceding Fall 1 term and the Spring 1 term.
- You must have attended full time for the Spring 1 term.
- You must be in good academic standing with the college.
- You must meet all other eligibility for being awarded TAP.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the spring 2020 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted was December 6, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the spring payment deadline.
For students planning to enroll beginning in May 2020 or thereafter, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available to complete.