Financial Aid for Women and Minority Students
- Helping Women Pay for College: Highlights different types of women’s funding programs available, provides insight on how to find and apply for scholarships and advises on how to seek out unconventional funding sources
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid: Provides links to several Internet sites of interest to Native American students
- Assistance for Native Americans: Link to the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation's (HESC) pages regarding New York state aid to Native Americans
- Bureau of Indian Affairs: Link to the U.S. Department of the Interior Bureau of Indian Affairs website
- Native-American Congressional Internship: Link to information on the Morris K. Udall Foundation's internship program
- Guide to Financial Aid and Scholarships for Hispanic Students: Includes a list of scholarships, grants and aid options for Hispanic students as well as other information.
- Northeastern Regional Chapter of the Korean-American Scholarship Foundation (KASF): Link to information on Korean-American-specific scholarships
- Books for minority students: Link to a site that contains a list of books about financial aid for minority students
- Books for female students: Link to a site that contains a list of books about financial aid for female students
- Outside Scholarship Sources: Link to free online scholarship searches
- Empire State College Scholarship Search: Link to our own free scholarship search for institutional funds
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now open for the spring 2018 term until December 4, 2017.
Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.