Current Off-Campus Work-Study Openings
Agency: Capital District Humane Association
Location: Outside Saratoga Springs
Pay Rate: $10.00
Position: Kennel Worker
Description: These positions involve working with rescued dogs and puppies that are being temporarily housed until a permanent placement can be found. Duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Clean dog runs
- Bathe and groom dogs
- Provide animals with food, water, medicine and exercise
- Human companionship for socialization purposes, such as playing with dogs, petting them and getting them used to grooming.
Contact: Jennifer Politis at 518-664-3450
Agency: Vertus High School
Location: Rochester, NY
Hours: Flexible (5-10 hours per week) between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Position: Reading and Math Tutor
Description: Paid training and orientation to start Monday, September 20. Work will occur with students from Monday, September 27 through Thursday, December 16, 2016. Responsibilities include:
- Tutor Vertus students in either reading or math (or both, if equally comfortable and proficient in both subjects)
- Form supportive, consistent learning relationships with Vertus students
- Commit to a regular schedule and abide by it
- Receive feedback and coaching from Vertus’ tutoring program coordinator
- Attend all required training and follow all required procedures
- “Fire in the belly”; passion for creating opportunities for urban youth; commitment to social justice
- Prior experience working with inner city youth (preferred)
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience (preferred); a strong teaching-, coaching-, and support-oriented mindset
- High-school level or higher academic proficiency in either reading or math
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate young people and build effective relationships with students
- Commitment to the values, culture, and goals of Vertus Charter School
Contact: Timothy Cosgriff for more information regarding training, application process and selection process at 585-224-3271.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend starting in May 2017 or thereafter should apply for financial aid for 2017-2018 by submitting the 2017-2018 FAFSA.