Current Off-Campus Work-Study Openings
Agency: Capital District Humane Association
Location: Outside Saratoga Springs
Pay Rate: $10.00
Position: Kennel Worker
Description: These positions involve working with rescued dogs and puppies that are being temporarily housed until a permanent placement can be found. Duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Clean dog runs
- Bathe and groom dogs
- Provide animals with food, water, medicine and exercise
- Human companionship for socialization purposes, such as playing with dogs, petting them and getting them used to grooming.
Contact: Jennifer Politis at 518-664-3450
Agency: Vertus High School
Location: Rochester, NY
Hours: Flexible (5-10 hours per week) between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm, Monday through Thursday
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Position: Reading and Math Tutor
Description: Paid training and orientation to start Monday, September 20. Work will occur with students from Monday, September 27 through Thursday, December 16, 2016. Responsibilities include:
- Tutor Vertus students in either reading or math (or both, if equally comfortable and proficient in both subjects)
- Form supportive, consistent learning relationships with Vertus students
- Commit to a regular schedule and abide by it
- Receive feedback and coaching from Vertus’ tutoring program coordinator
- Attend all required training and follow all required procedures
- “Fire in the belly”; passion for creating opportunities for urban youth; commitment to social justice
- Prior experience working with inner city youth (preferred)
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience (preferred); a strong teaching-, coaching-, and support-oriented mindset
- High-school level or higher academic proficiency in either reading or math
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate young people and build effective relationships with students
- Commitment to the values, culture, and goals of Vertus Charter School
Contact: Timothy Cosgriff for more information regarding training, application process and selection process at 585-224-3271.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 was April 1, 2018, but we are still accepting and reviewing applications.
In order to process your financial aid eligibility by the spring term payment due date, you must have all applications in and any additional financial aid requirements/documents submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline date of December 7, 2018.
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid early by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.