Federal Pell Grant Application and Deadline Information
- Link to the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): Allows you to complete the application on the Web.
- Link to help in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Link to Title IV (federal student aid) School Code: The site lists Empire State College's federal code (010286) AND the federal code for all schools that participate in the federal aid programs.
Deadline for Submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The 2019-2020 School Year (enrollments beginning on or after May 2019):
- FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted by midnight CDT, June 30, 2020.
- Corrections on the Web forms must be submitted by midnight CDT, Sept. 12, 2020.
Note: Your school must have your complete and correct information by your last day of enrollment in the 2019-2020 school year.
The 2018-2019 School Year (enrollments beginning in or after May 2018):
- FAFSA on the Web applications must be submitted by midnight CDT, June 30, 2019.
- Corrections on the Web forms must be submitted by midnight CDT, Sept. 14, 2019.
Note: Your school must have your complete and correct information by your last day of enrollment in the 2018-2019 school year.
The Department of Education considers an application's receipt date and time to be when the application/correction has been successfully submitted. The last page of the online application/correction submission process is, therefore, the confirmation page. It contains a 22 - (if an application) or 30 - (if a correction) character long confirmation number, which contains the exact date and time (CST) the form was received. It is recommended that you print this for your records.
Note: Transactions must be completed and accepted by midnight to meet the deadline. If transmissions are started before midnight, but are not completed until after midnight, those transmissions will not meet the deadline. In addition, any transmission picked up on the deadline date that gets rejected may not be able to be reprocessed because the deadline will have passed by the time the user gets the information notifying him or her of the rejection.
The financial aid office must receive the output document of the FAFSA application process, the SAR or ISIR with an official EFC while the student is enrolled and eligible, but not later than Sept. 12, 2020 for 2019-2020, and no later than Sept. 14, 2019 for 2018-2019.
- To give a Pell grant to a student, a school must have a valid output document (one with an EFC computed from correct data) while the student is still enrolled for the award year, or within the timeframe the student qualifies for a late disbursement under 34 CFR 668.164(g)(4)(i), but no later than Sept. 12, 2020 for 2019-2020 and Sept. 14, 2019 for 2018-2019.
- For students selected for verification (both ED-selected and school-selected), the school must have verification documents, and for Pell recipients a valid output document, no later than 120 days after the last day of enrollment or Sept. 12, 2020 for 2019-2020 and Sept. 14, 2019 for 2018-2019, whichever is earlier.
For the deadlines above, the date the CPS processed the ISIR transaction is considered the date the institution received the ISIR. On the SAR, SAR acknowledgement and ISIR printout, the processed date is above the EFC on the first page.
New York State Student Financial Aid Deadlines
Due to New York State Higher Education regulation, the application deadline for New York state financial aid programs is now June 30, consistent with the FAFSA. State forms do not replace filling out the FAFSA. You must fill out the FAFSA to receive federal student aid. Note: "Date received" means received by the U.S. Department of Education.
New York 2019-2020 June 30, 2020-date received
New York 2018-2019 June 30, 2019-date received
The priority deadline for applying for federal campus-based aid including the federal supplemental educational opportunity grant (FSEOG) and federal Perkins loans, aid for part-time study (APTS) and Empire State College grants and scholarships is April 1 prior to the start of the award year.
The priority deadline for applying for Pell, TAP, student loans and submission of the federal appeal form and/or New York state waiver request form with dean's approval and appropriate documentation to the financial aid office is six weeks before the start of the term.
Financial aid files completed after the financial aid priority deadline date will be reviewed. However, the financial aid office cannot guarantee that financial aid will be processed before the payment due date. A federal financial aid file is complete when the college has received valid FAFSA data from the federal processor and all other documentation requested by financial aid. Completed files and APTS applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.