Financial Aid for Veterans and Military Personnel
The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. To view and print a copy of an estimated personalized cost of attendance you can visit the SUNY Net Price Cost Calculator and select Empire State from the dropdown. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.
The SUNY Financial Aid Plan (FAP) will provide a more in-depth analysis and accurate picture of student cost once the student has filed their FAFSA, completed a SUNY application, and has been accepted by a campus.
- Office of Veteran and Military Education at Empire State College
- Military Corner: Information on student loans and eligibility for New York state grants and scholarships for military personnel and their families either stationed in New York, or who are New York state residents
- NYS Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program: General program information and information on contacting your Educational Incentive Program director
- Federal VA Educational Benefits website
- Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Scholarships
- Disabled Soldier Support System: Information on numerous issues, including educational and scholarship opportunities for disabled soldiers
- Army Families Online: Information on numerous issues, including scholarship opportunities for military personnel, veterans and their families
- AMVETS: Information for veterans and active military
- Military Spouse Scholarships
- Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) Scholarships
- Student Veterans of America Scholarships
- Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
- National Military Family Association- Military Spouse Scholarship
- The Tillman Military Scholars Program
- First Command Educational Foundation: A non-profit public charity dedicated to improving financial literacy through education and scholarship opportunities.