New York State Grants and Scholarships
- New!! Excelsior Scholarship FAQs
- Information about the NYS tuition assistance program (TAP) at NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- TAP for part-time students; see information below
- TAP is available only to undergraduate students
- summer TAP has special requirements; you will need to meet all of the criteria
- full-time fall and spring students who are eligible for a NYS TAP award also may be eligible for an additional tuition credit to offset some or all of the tuition increase, which will be reflected in the award letter, if appropriate
- Aid for part-time study (APTS)
- Part-time TAP
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Memorial scholarships for children and spouses of deceased police officers and firefighters
- Regents' award for child of correction officer (CO)
- World Trade Center scholarships
- Other New York State Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- New York State Good Academic Standing requirements
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the spring 2020 term, you must have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline of December 6, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the spring payment deadline.
Students planning attending summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 must apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
For students planning to enroll beginning in May 2020 or thereafter, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available beginning October 1!