New York State Grants and Scholarships
- New!! Excelsior Scholarship FAQs
- Information about the NYS tuition assistance program (TAP) at NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- TAP for part-time students; see information below
- TAP is available only to undergraduate students
- summer TAP has special requirements; you will need to meet all of the criteria
- full-time fall and spring students who are eligible for a NYS TAP award also may be eligible for an additional tuition credit to offset some or all of the tuition increase, which will be reflected in the award letter, if appropriate
- Aid for part-time study (APTS)
- Part-time TAP
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Memorial scholarships for children and spouses of deceased police officers and firefighters
- Regents' award for child of correction officer (CO)
- World Trade Center scholarships
- Other New York State Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- New York State Good Academic Standing requirements
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 was April 1, 2018, but we are still accepting and reviewing applications.
In order to process your financial aid eligibility by the spring term payment due date, you must have all applications in and any additional financial aid requirements/documents submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline date of December 7, 2018.
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid early by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.