New York State Grants and Scholarships
- New!! Excelsior Scholarship FAQs
- Information about the NYS tuition assistance program (TAP) at NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- TAP for part-time students; see information below
- TAP is available only to undergraduate students
- summer TAP has special requirements; you will need to meet all of the criteria
- full-time fall and spring students who are eligible for a NYS TAP award also may be eligible for an additional tuition credit to offset some or all of the tuition increase, which will be reflected in the award letter, if appropriate
- Aid for part-time study (APTS)
- Part-time TAP
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Memorial scholarships for children and spouses of deceased police officers and firefighters
- Regents' award for child of correction officer (CO)
- World Trade Center scholarships
- Other New York State Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- New York State Good Academic Standing requirements
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately.
The application period for the New York State Excelsior Scholarship is now open for the spring 2018 term until December 4, 2017.
Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.