New York State Grants and Scholarships
- Information about the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- TAP for part-time students; see information below
- TAP is available to undergraduate students only
- There are special requirements for summer TAP. You must meet all of the criteria.
- Full-time fall and spring students who are eligible for a NYS TAP award also may be eligible for an additional tuition credit to offset some or all of the tuition increase, which will be reflected in the award letter, if appropriate.
- Aid for part-time study (APTS)
- Excelsior Scholarship FAQ and Eligibility Appeal Form
- Part-time TAP
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Memorial scholarships for children and spouses of deceased police officers and firefighters
- Regents' award for child of correction officer (CO)
- World Trade Center scholarships
- Other New York State Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- New York State Good Academic Standing requirements
New York State Dream Act
The Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act opens the doors of higher education to thousands of undocumented students, providing access to the new Excelsior Scholarship, the Tuition Assistance Program, and other state‐administered scholarships that were not previously available to support their higher-education costs. If you attended or graduated from a NYS high school, attended an approved NYS high-school equivalency program, or received a NYS equivalency diploma, you may be eligible for New York state financial aid. For more information about determining eligibility, and to apply, visit NYS Higher Education Services Corporation's Dream Act website.