New York State Grants and Scholarships
- New!! Excelsior Scholarship FAQ
- Information about the NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) at NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
- TAP for part-time students; see information below
- TAP is available to undergraduate students only
- There are special requirements for summer TAP. You must meet all of the criteria.
- Full-time fall and spring students who are eligible for a NYS TAP award also may be eligible for an additional tuition credit to offset some or all of the tuition increase, which will be reflected in the award letter, if appropriate.
- Aid for part-time study (APTS)
- Part-time TAP
- State University Student Assistance (SUSTA)
- Memorial scholarships for children and spouses of deceased police officers and firefighters
- Regents' award for child of correction officer (CO)
- World Trade Center scholarships
- Other New York State Grants, Scholarships, Loan Programs and Incentives
- New York State Good Academic Standing requirements
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
For students planning to enroll in terms beginning May 2021 or thereafter, please submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA. If you are attending the summer 2021 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is April 16, 2021 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the summer payment deadline.
For students enrolling for the fall term 2021 please make sure you have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted is August 2, 2021 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the fall payment deadline.