Campus Based Programs and Eligibility Requirements
- Be a citizen, national or permanent resident alien with a valid Social Security number. Students must verify their eligible non-citizen status upon request.
- For FSEOG, be a matriculated undergraduate student who has not already earned a bachelor's degree or the equivalent.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- For Federal Work Study, students must not be receiving support from a religious community, society, or order of which they are a member.
- Have exceptional financial need with a zero EFC (Expected Family Contribution) as determined by FAFSA results. Students who receive a federal Pell Grant must be given first priority for FSEOG.
- Not be in default on any federal loan borrowed while attending any institution at any time.
- Not owe a refund on a federal Pell Grant, FSEOG or federal Perkins Loan to any institution.
- Comply with Selective Service registration requirements.
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (G.E.D.) certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or meet other standards your state establishes that are approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Not be enrolled in overlapping academic terms.
The regulations define an undergraduate as one who is enrolled in an undergraduate course of study and who has not earned a bachelor's degree or its equivalent or a first professional degree. (By "professional degree," we mean degrees offered by professional programs such as pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary programs or chiropractic programs.)
Occasionally, a student will complete the requirements for a bachelor's degree but will continue taking undergraduate courses without accepting the degree. The school must decide at what point it considers the student to have completed the bachelor's degree course of study - when the student completes the requirement for the degree, or when the student actually receives the degree. If the school considers the student to have completed the bachelor's degree course of study, the student is no longer eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately. Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.