Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Cancellation
- APTS is not an entitlement program.
- The APTS guidelines must be met or the student's award will be canceled.
- The student must complete applicable credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of each billing cycle. If a student does not complete 6 credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of the billing cycle for two billing terms, the student will no longer be eligible for APTS.
- APTS will be canceled if the student exceeds the maximum number of TAP/APTS payments.
- APTS will be canceled if the student is in default on a student loan guaranteed by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
- APTS will be canceled if the student enrolls in overlapping academic terms.
- APTS will be canceled if the funds become unavailable for whatever reason.
- Upon cancellation of APTS, the student may owe a balance to Empire State College.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the spring 2020 term, you must have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline of December 6, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the spring payment deadline.
Students planning attending summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 must apply for aid by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
For students planning to enroll beginning in May 2020 or thereafter, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available beginning October 1!