Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Cancellation
- APTS is not an entitlement program.
- The APTS guidelines must be met or the student's award will be canceled.
- The student must complete applicable credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of each billing cycle. If a student does not complete 6 credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of the billing cycle for two billing terms, the student will no longer be eligible for APTS.
- APTS will be canceled if the student exceeds the maximum number of TAP/APTS payments.
- APTS will be canceled if the student is in default on a student loan guaranteed by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
- APTS will be canceled if the student enrolls in overlapping academic terms.
- APTS will be canceled if the funds become unavailable for whatever reason.
- Upon cancellation of APTS, the student may owe a balance to Empire State College.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend the 2017-2018 should apply for financial aid immediately. Students may also get a head start on applying for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA after October 1, 2017.