Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Cancellation
- APTS is not an entitlement program.
- The APTS guidelines must be met or the student's award will be canceled.
- The student must complete applicable credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of each billing cycle. If a student does not complete 6 credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of the billing cycle for two billing terms, the student will no longer be eligible for APTS.
- APTS will be canceled if the student exceeds the maximum number of TAP/APTS payments.
- APTS will be canceled if the student is in default on a student loan guaranteed by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
- APTS will be canceled if the student enrolls in overlapping academic terms.
- APTS will be canceled if the funds become unavailable for whatever reason.
- Upon cancellation of APTS, the student may owe a balance to Empire State College.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 was April 1, 2018, but we are still accepting and reviewing applications.
In order to process your financial aid eligibility by the spring term payment due date, you must have all applications in and any additional financial aid requirements/documents submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline date of December 7, 2018.
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid early by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.