Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Cancellation
- APTS is not an entitlement program.
- The APTS guidelines must be met or the student's award will be canceled.
- The student must complete applicable credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of each billing cycle. If a student does not complete 6 credits per billing cycle within four weeks after the end of the billing cycle for two billing terms, the student will no longer be eligible for APTS.
- APTS will be canceled if the student exceeds the maximum number of TAP/APTS payments.
- APTS will be canceled if the student is in default on a student loan guaranteed by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation.
- APTS will be canceled if the student enrolls in overlapping academic terms.
- APTS will be canceled if the funds become unavailable for whatever reason.
- Upon cancellation of APTS, the student may owe a balance to Empire State College.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 is April 1, 2018.
The Financial Aid Office will begin awarding summer 2018 financial aid for students enrolled in the summer term beginning in April 2018.